Starwood Capital Group Sells Interest in Four Beachfront Hotels in Spain
July 7, 2017 1:18pm
July 7, 2017 -- Starwood Capital Group, a leading global private investment firm, today announced that its Starwood Global Opportunity Fund X controlled affiliate has sold its interest in a collection of hotels across key leisure markets in Spain. The assets are owned in a joint venture with Melia Hotels International, a leading Spanish hotel operator, which is retaining interest in the assets in the portfolio.
The portfolio sold consists of four well-established beachfront hotels representing 2,070 keys that will continue to be managed by Melia following the transaction. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Included in the portfolio are the Sol Principe in Malaga, the Sol Lanzarote, the Sol House Ibiza mixed by Ibiza Rocks and Sol Palmanova in Mallorca. The hotels have been recently refurbished and repositioned alongside the re-launch of the Sol Resort brand by Melia. Starwood Global Opportunity Fund X's controlled affiliate owns 80% of the joint venture which owned the hotels, while Melia Hotels International owns the remaining 20%. The joint venture continues to seek out opportunities to acquire and integrate additional properties into the portfolio with a focus on the Mediterranean resort markets.
"We are delighted to have delivered on the business strategy established within the joint venture for these four hotels, while achieving an attractive investment return," said Keith Evans, Vice President, European Hotels at Starwood Capital Group. "The swift transformation of both the physical product, as well as the operational overhaul of the portfolio, generated a substantial increase in both EBITDA and capital value. We look forward to continuing to grow the remaining two hotels in the portfolio, while identifying new investments for the joint venture going forward."
Tags: starwood capital group,
starwood global opportunity fund x,
meliá hotels international,
sol house ibiza,
Starwood Capital Group is a private alternative investment firm with a core focus on global real estate, energy infrastructure and oil & gas. The Firm and its affiliates maintain 10 offices in four countries around the world, and currently have more than 2,200 employees. Starwood Capital Group has raised over $41 billion of equity capital since its inception in 1991, and currently manages more than $55 billion in assets. The Firm has invested in virtually every category of real estate on a global basis, opportunistically shifting asset classes, geographies and positions in the capital stack as it perceives risk/reward dynamics to be evolving. Over the past 26 years, Starwood Capital Group and its affiliates have successfully executed an investment strategy that involves building enterprises in both the private and public markets. Additional information can be found at starwoodcapital.com.
Meliá Hotels International to Launch Paradisus Playa Mujeres in Early 2019
Owned by Starwood Capital Group and Managed by Aimbridge Hospitality, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Set to Open in Longmont, Colorado
Starwood Capital Group Acquires Portfolio of Seven Hilton Hotels Throughout the United Kingdom
Arash Azarbarzin Appointed President of SH Group
Mathew Pargament Joins the Me by Meliá Brand as General Manager of Me Miami
Starwood Capital Group Acquires Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge Hotel from Orbis Hotel Group for €75 Million ($89.5M)
Meliá Hotels International Assumes Management of Meliá Iguazu in Argentina; Renovation Planned
YOTEL and Starwood Capital Group Enter $250 Million Strategic Partnership with Starwood Acquiring 30% Stake
Starwood Capital Group Acquires The Soon-to-Open Jeremy West Hollywood Hotel
Starwood Capital Group Opens First Uptown Suites in Concord, NC; More than 10 Additional Properties to Open by 2019
ME by Meliá's ME Miami Appoints Ernesto Luna New General Manager
Starwood Capital Group Acquires Holiday Inn Manchester City Centre
Shimao Property Holdings Partners With Starwood Capital Group to Create New Hotel Joint Venture in China
Meliá Hotels International Set to Debut Meliá Shanghai Hongqiao
Meliá Hotels International Signs with TCC Asset World for Meliá Bangkok Slated to Open in 2022
Meliá Hotels International Plans $35 Million Renovation and Conversion of Meliá Cabo Real to Paradisus Los Cabos
China Life Invests with Starwood Capital Group in $2 Billion of U.S. Select-Service Hotels
Starwood Capital Group Selects Cycas Hospitality to Operate Four London Extended-Stay Hotels
Meliá Hotels International Appoints Alex Spektor General Manager of First New York Property, INNSIDE New York
Starwood Capital Group-Brookfield JV to Sell the Interhotel Portfolio of Nine Hotels in Germany to FDM Management
Please login or register to post a comment.